Reading Check questions are designed for in-class review on key plot points or for quick verbal or written assessments. Multiple Choice and Short Answer Quizzes create ideal summative assessments, and collectively function to convey a sense of the work’s tone and themes.
1. What two animals does Torvald call Nora in the first few lines of Act I?
2. Which item of food does Nora try to hide from Torvald?
3. What does Nora ask as a Christmas gift from Torvald?
4. Which employment position does Nora believe her husband will undertake at the start of the year?
5. Where did Nora and Torvald go to improve his health?
6. What favor does Kristine want from Torvald?
1. Which of the following best describes Nora and Torvald’s attitude towards money in the beginning of Act I?
A) While Nora is cautious with money, Torvald is a spendthrift on presents for the family.
B) While Torvald is concerned with their finances for the holiday season, Nora encourages him to borrow money until he receives a raise.
C) Both Nora and Torvald choose to live lavishly and without regard for costly purchases.
D) Both Nora and Torvald are extremely conservative in their financial decisions.
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Torvald’s attitude towards debt?